So. Trophies. Didn't have many as a kid - but today - or rather a few days ago - I was gifted the equivalent of a blogging trophy! YAY! [cue much rejoicing] Allie, from Guten Strudel, which is a most fantabulous and hilarious blog you should all be reading, tagged me for the Stylish Blogger Award. I feel so loved. :) As a thank you, I am going to play along with the rules.
Uno. Link back and thank the person [Thank you Allison!!!] who gave you the award. [check-done]
B. Share 7 things about yourself.
3.14 Award 5 recently discovered blogs.
Lastly. Contact them and tell them about their award.
On to "B" then, shall we. :)
1. I am a piler. Like, the tv show Hoarders kind of piler. No, really. I have trouble parting with items that might some day, at some point, come in handy. I have two boxes of empty, glass baby food jars in boxes, in the attic. Why? Because some day I might have a cool project that will necessitate them. When husband says, "Hey where's the water bill?" I generally respond with, "It's in the second pile to the left of the dresser, halfway down, under the yellow folder." Now, it may seem unorganized, but, darn it all, the water bill is right where I tell him. If I organize the piles, everything falls apart and I can't find anything. Thus, I will continue to hoard and pile. :) Sorry family. :)
2. I enjoy changing my hair style frequently--much to the chagrin of my husband. :) Here, let's look at the past 4 years:
This is how I surprised husband when picking him up from work after 2 months of marriage. SURPRISE! I cut all my hair off.
He was surprised.
He was not elated.
I, however, think this is one of my all time favorite hair cuts. :)
If I could rotate this for you, I would, but I'm lazy, so I'm leaving it. :)
This is the "in-between" stage.
Here we are back to looong locks again. [sigh] Ah. I do like very long hairs.
Then, this cut came to us this year. ADORE. I'm sporting a longer version now, because I'm growing it out again! Shock. Dismay. :) There were a couple other styles between Sesame age of 0 and 18 months - but photos of myself stopped occurring during those years. I was like a ninja. Never seen, but always there. :)
3. I am a C. I am a C-H. I am a C-H-R-I-S-T-I-A-N. :) I love the Lord. Like, hard core, Praise Jesus, love the Lord. Husband and I are trying to live a life that glorifies Him daily. It ain't easy, but we do our best. We were both blessed to be raised in strong Christian homes that taught us what it means to be a follower and what Ephesians 2:8, 9 really mean. I am beyond grateful that our parents laid a foundation in us that is unmoving--and hope we can instill that same love of Christ in Sesame and Squirt. [Stops, wipes tear] Moving on...
4. I cannot stand: slow drivers in the left lane, ants in or out of my house (now I'm itchy) or people who talk/text on their cell phone in line at any store. I mean, really, what is so important that you can't put down your phone for 5 minutes to check out. Honestly.
5. I randomly start singing and dancing at various points during the day. Like, no-one's-watching-sing-at-the-top-of-my-lungs kind of singing. Generally oldies or Broadway. What is the most awesome part of this??? My daughter has decided it's cool and now joins in. :) I heart her.
6. I am a ginormously huge pregnant woman. I increased to a rather large size whilst pregnant with Sesame:
Approximately 29 weeks with Sesame.
And that trend seems to have only been magnified during my pregnancy with Squirt:
Yeah...this is only 27 weeks with Squirt.
It's all good though. I'm a fan of birthing large, robust children that I don't feel I can break. At our 24 week ultrasound, Squirt was weighing in at an estimated 2 pounds. I might give birth to a whale.
7. I heart: sewing, ironing (it's true...I would iron my pillow cases if I still had the time), pedicures, a large glass of ice water with lime, cinnamon toast, blogging (had one since like 2004...on xanga...it still exists...even though I don't write on it...and no, I'm not linking to it.) digging in freshly tilled dirt, spinning til I'm dizzy, Thanksgiving and Sci Fi. (That last one is thanks to Husband dearest!) :)
Okay...now to pass on the love. If you aren't reading these, you so should be. :)
1. Naptime in Naptown or Heart Gone Walking - both are a fantastically hilarious read by my real life friend, and former college roomie, Katie.
2. In Sock Monkey Slippers - the food. Oh. The food. Every recipe I have made from her blog has been scrumptious. Especially the butternut Squash Mac and Cheese. Oh baby.
3. Joy's Hope - Julie is so stinkin' funny and real. I love her blog. She is awesome at all things crafty and has some wonderous tales of how Christ has worked in her life - through thick and thin.
4. Lots of Scotts - A grand Momma who loves the Lord and recounts how everyday occurrences are teachable moments.
5. Vintage Dutch Girl - Amanda is just funny. :) She has some mad sewing skills and isn't afraid to be down to earth and honest! Did I mention she's hilarious???
YAY! I think I'm done! It only took me like week to actually finish this post! :)