1. Dear Kohl's - I think I might have to leave you a neatly folded note that says, "I am breaking up with you." What is with all the girl toddler clothes!? I have been a faithful infant clearance rack shopper since January 2009. You have never disappointed, what with your cute jumping bean play clothes and Polo dresses for a mere 2.00. When the time came to graduate to the next section I wept. Why? Because every piece of clothing - clearance and not - seems to have giant photos of Disney princesses or Dora the Explorer brandished across the front. Now, I recognize there will be a time when my daughter falls madly and deeply in love with princesses. But on all her clothes? I think not. Please, bring back the cute, colorful, fun, comfy clothes. I miss them.
2. Dear Target - You are my new retail love. You have replaced Kohl's. My daughter is, at this moment, wearing navy and off-white polka dot leggings (gathered at the ankle), an empire waist Peter Pan collar knit navy coat, with a sweet off-white, ruffle-necked T underneath. How much did this entire, adorable outfit cost?? $7 dollars. Oh Yeah. I can't find an outfit this cute, at this price, used at Once Upon a Child! Thank you for being reasonable and having simple, cute items for my 2 year old. You rock.
3. Why do I have 13 sewing projects cut and half sewn?? I mean, really, why!? Does anyone else do this? Am I alone?!
4. I have now entered the beached whale phase of Squirt's pregnancy.
5. I love being a beached whale.
Made me laugh. Very hard. And for a long time. I'm not ashamed.
7. I am also not ashamed that my husband and I played Paper, Rock, Scissors to see who would change Sesame's dirty diapers as a little tyke. Nor am I ashamed that as she grew, she would walk up to us and try to play when she had a dirty diaper. :)
8. I leave you with some Sesame-isms:
Conrad: "Sesame, are you sleepy?"
Sesame: "No." pause "I'm just restin' in my car seat."
Conrad: "Sesame, Num-Num time is over. Give it to Daddy please"
Sesame: "Okay." walks away dejectedly. "That's a big bummer."
Me: "Sesame, would you like to have blueberries or apples?"
Sesame: "I would like ice cream" pause "Chocolate." pause "with a spoon."
Me: "Sesame, what should we call baby Squirt when he/she comes out of Momma's tummy?"