Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Response to the Call

I have a lovely college roomie.  Well, 7 lovely college roomies, but this post is about one of them and her blog this week.  Katie (whom I generally call by first and last name..but won't, because these are the interwebs and there are creepers out there.) wrote up this post two days ago about a refugee family living in Indianapolis.  I immediately commented and then called her.  The family has nothing.  As in, NUH-THING.  And, yes, I meant to yell that.  With a broken heart she called out to all her blog stalkers and interweb friends for help.

The response: overwhelming.  Because of the amount of donations she will be helping several refugee families in the apartment complex with basic necessities, like soap, coats and under garments. How awesome!

I am amazed at how a response to the Lord's call to "learn to do right, seek justice, encourage the oppressed,. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow." (Isaiah 1:17) is blessed!  I also find it breath-taking the number of people she has talked to with the same mindset.  "I have all this, but I didn't know where to take it.  I just want someone who really needs it to have it."  It's almost as if God were preparing people for this to happen.  : )  I love God - He's so cool.

So, for the next couple days I have dubbed myself the Southside Donation Driver.  Wanna help??  Send me an email and I'll gladly collect your donations and get them to Katie.

"Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.  No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and His love is made complete in us." 1 John 4:11, 12

blog

No comments: