Monday, October 4, 2010

The Orchard.

So.  Since I was a wee lass of three or so, my Daddy's side of the family has made a yearly trek down to the Apple Orchard every September.


(That's me in the pig tails.  I do, however, now look like the lady behind the pigtailed damsel.  Moving on...)
This year my Aunts, Uncles, Parents and Brother were unable to attend again.  Sesame ate enough apples for all of us though!



And, can I just say, when I'm 85 I hope I'm spry enough to navigate through a minefield of apples on the ground!  My grandparents are in their mid 80s and leaping about like yesterday's spring chicken!  Grandma even picked Sesame up at one point.  My baby is sweet, but she is hefty!  I don't know how she did it!  Hs'e super woman I tell you, super woman!


 


This shot is, by far, my favorite of the day.  Sesame is riding on my Pop's lap in the front seat of the van.  We were driving over a couple rows so don't call CPS too fast!  She was so giddy and I'm fairly certain he enjoyed having a squirmy worm Sesame on his lap too.


Look at the triumphant waving of the apple.  She picked it all by herself.  She kept saying "Ap-uh.  Big Gul" (aka "apple, big girl.")


Being a good sharer.



Love the orchard.  Love being with my family even more.  : )
blog

1 comment:

Becky said...

I love Sesame's season-appropriate hair gear. You're a stylin' mama!