Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Video, A Photo and A Verse.

So... this video is a month old now.  Sorry for the noisy locust sounds - under the trees, by the sand box there is no escaping their cacophny.




That's my girl.  I heart her.  : )  She's working on verbs these days to go with all the nouns she's learned.  Too fun.

Also, let it be known that Sesame rocks the braided pigtails.  It's true.


And, yes , that is my messy garage that is full of stuff to be moved to the attic, put in a garage sale or really (let's be honest) just needs to be tossed.  Seriously, three rusted silver spoons, who wants those???  Maybe the American Pickers, but even they might run from my garage screaming "Hoarder, Hoarder!" (Yes, that's right, I both watch and referenced American Pickers.  I am not ashamed.)

Moving on...  I just really feel like the Lord is teaching me to remember His bigness these days.  We have several friends facing insurmountable odds - things like divorce, cancer, leukemia, miscarriage - things that just seem too big.  But Jesus is bigger than anything.  He isn't surprised by anything.  After Hannah gives birth to Samuel and takes him to the temple she prays the most beautiful prayer of praise.  The second verse says: "No one is Holy like the Lord!  There is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God." (1 Sam. 2:2)  I just keep thinking of this verse.  I woke up last night with this passage on my heart.  God is solid, immovable, consistent.  He is mightier than anything we will ever face.  There is such comfort in that knowledge.  I mean, think about it, Jesus overcame death and sin.  Hello - what could be more difficult than that!?  Today I am resting in the promise that God is in control, He is BIG and He is holy.

blog

3 comments:

The Plaid Cow said...

The garage doesn't seem to be to the point of being caused by a mental condition yet. Maybe a Don Aslett book would suffice (he has several very good ones).

Kendall said...

Ephesians 3:20-21

Becky said...

Thanks for that reminder. Even in my own little sphere, things seem to get better only to get bad again, or even worse. Sometimes I think it's the ride that's going to kill me, not the ups or the downs! :)
It is the BIGGEST comfort to know that God has a plan and He is in control. There is nothing scarier than chaos.