Monday, September 28, 2009

To Sew or Not to Sew...

So after deciding that the only way I would get any sewing done was to set up the machine in the same room as husband - I actually accomplished one of my projects! :) No, I still have not finished Sesame's quilt, however I DID finish a baby gift! :)

I even took photos.

Not great photos...but some nonetheless! :)



A happy red flannel! I sandwiched some quilt batting between the two flannels and sewed for the first time in non-linear patterns to hold it together! :) It's not the prettiest, but it was my first go! :)


The "E" and rocket ships are removable. That's why the blanket is smaller -- it's meant to be more interactive and grow with baby E. :)


LOVE this fabric! Especially since it's for one of husband's college friends - they were in aero/astro engineering together! How appropriate! :)



The back. Cute fabric how I love thee.

Not done with the matching bib yet. I'm gong to use scrap of the red as "hem-tape." At least...I'm going to try!

You can't tell, but the Baby side is a blue terry cloth. Again, don't know how the sewing on of the baby letters will go...but I won't learn if I don't try! :)

Anyway...I'm going to rest while Sesame is!

blog

No comments: