Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Da Dress.

I do love sewing.  Please don't confuse this with being a good seamstress, because that phrase anything but describes me.  I cannot, for the life of me, cut fabric in a straight line.  I even have one of those awesome self-healing sewing mats and rotary cutters.  My cuts STILL come out wonky.  Not to mention I can't sew in a straight line.  Nonetheless, I love to sew.  :)  I have been working on this cute dress from Sew Sweet Patterns.  I heart this pattern, but, really, it's practice for the pattern that I REALLY LOVE.  :)


 

 Anywho, it's turned out very nicely.  :)  It's taken me twice as long as it should have.  But look at this close up:


That's a placket.  I sewed it there.  All by me lonesome.  A placket I say!  What?  You don't know what a placket is??  I didn't either...but Sew Sweet's awesome patterns had the foresight to have a glossary at the back of the PDF pattern.  Very handy.  :)  The only thing left are the button holes.

Grrr.  The button holes.  They have been a royal pain for two days!!!  I have done a few "practice runs" on scrap fabric flawlessly.  I mean, honestly, the machine does all the work!  But every stinkin' time I try to add them to the actual dress, I get this:



As you can see, the left one almost worked.  And then the thread broke.  Or at least appeared to.  Any ideas or suggestions????  I'm desperate!

On another note, this little girl:



LOVES to play outside.  :)  I couldn't be happier that she requests to play outside on her swing set and in the sand box immediately following every nap.  :)  I heart her.  And, yes, I succumb to her requests even though the temperature today has reached 90 and I'm 5 weeks away from birthing a child.  Hello swollen limbs, you are so worth those smiles.  :)
blog

No comments: