Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sunrise


I love sunrise. I do. I just can't help it. I don't think I ever realized that I loved mornings so much, in particular sunrise, until we had Sesame. She made sure I was up at 5:00 - 5:30 on the dot for a few months, and, more recently, has been rising at 6:00 for a bottle or just to cry "Momma" and be snuggled. It just so happens that Sesame's room has the perfect view of sunrise from our house. Granted, it's marred by rooftops and treetops and power lines, but it's still awesome! If I don't stay in her room long enough to watch God's painting come into existence, I hop over to my office. Second best view from our house. The sun usually sneaks up right behind a tree, so I'm left straining for a glimpse of the fiery ball, but
STILL, GORGEOUS. My retina is burning right now. I think I remember something about not looking directly at the sun. Whoops. :) The view from the office whilst cluttered with the aforementioned rooves, etc., still has a bonus. If one looks over the landmarks of suburbia, there is a corn stalk plain expanding for a good 20 acres or so. Lining the far side of the field is a natural fencline of towering trees. They look like grand Oaks or Maples, something sturdy and aged. In the morning when the humid, Indiana heat is trying to creep in over the cool midnight dew, a subtle fog billows over the grains and settles. Sometimes the sun is at a perfect angle and color and brilliance as it sheds it light over the dewy film and WHAM! The field is suddenly ablaze. It's so inspiring, so awesome - so awe-inspring. Every time I'm up to witness the event I think "I should trapse beyond the railroad tracks and photograph that." I never do. In part because I don't want to wake the baby. In part because I'm too lazy.
But mostly, I think because I know the photos won't ever do the real thing justice. So. I'll sit and watch from Sesame's window as I rock her and from my window as I write.


"For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse." Romans 1:20
blog

No comments: