Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Break Through.

So yesterday Sesame had a breakthrough. Literally. Her first tooth rose above the gum line and protruded with attitude. (Yes, teeth can have attitude.) She's a little off yesterday and finally around 2 or 3 I thought to myself "I wonder if it's her teeth??" And, for the first time, there was evidence that this was the case!!! :) I called husband and promptly broke into tears....or maybe it was after I called him...either way this is what I remember:

Me: "She has her first tooth!"

Husband: "That's great honey!"

Me: "Yes."

Husband: "..."

Me: "SHE'S NOT A BABY ANYMORE!!! THE NEXT THING i KNOW I'LL BE WALKING HER TO KINDERGARTEN AND THEN SHE WON'T WANT ME TO WALK HER TO SCHOOL CUZ SHE'LL BE IN MIDDLE SCHOOL AND THEN SHE'LL START DATING AND THINK SHE'S IN LOVE AND HATE ME WHEN i TELL HER THAT THIS ISN'T THE ONE AND THEN WE'LL FIGHT AND THEN THEY'LL BREAK UP AND SHE'LL FORGIVE ME AND THEN SHE'LL BE GOING TO COLLEGE AND WE'LL JUST LEAVE HER THERE AND I'LL CRY THE WHOLE WAY HOME AND WONDER IF WE'RE LEAVING HER AT THE RIGHT SCHOOL AND SHE'LL MEET SOMEONE AND GET MARRIED AND THEN SHE'LL HAVE A BABY AND THEN MYGRANDBABY WILL BE CUTTING TEETH!?!?!"

Husband: "..."

Me: "So you don't think I'm overreacting do you? I mean I know I am...I"m just...having...a...MOMENT!"

Poor husband. I might have exaggerated a tad. :)

Also I caught Nells doing the following yesterday: sucking her upper lip so hard her tonguetouched her nose, climbing (at least trying to climb) her super coop, eating toilet paper (I still don't know where it came from!) and shoving her stuffed lamb's head through the crib slats. Wow.

On another note, I made this AWESOME-TACULAR meal last night! Oh my mouth is watering at the memory. Blue-berry Rhubarb Salmon. Yum. Yes, I did take a photo, Yes I will share the recipe and yes, I'm lazy and don't want to schlep myself and the babe downstairs to retrieve the camera right now. So you all will have to wait. :) bwahahaha.

And in other un-related news. (Why do I have so many random things to say today?!) My gardenia plant has been producing scads of flowers this week and last?! LOVE IT! My kitchen smells like heaven! It's fabulous!

Also, Husband and I are searching for cheap (as in free) home projects. :) Ideas? Our house is practically not decorated at all...there's nothing on the walls...and I'm a photographer. Ideas? Suggestions? Comments???

Okay. I'm done now. Really. I am. :)

I mispoke. Two untouched photos for you all!




blog

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe Aunt Becky should make a trip to Indy and paint your walls. Probably could do the "Cat in the Hat" with Susie's help. Maybe "Batman" in the living room? Best decorating advice I got (from someone we won't talk about) was to hang what I wanted, where I wanted. I guess that is why I ended up with barn lumber from the farm on my wall! You and Conrad will do a great job decorating. have fun. Love you.