Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What You Missed...

Confession: I miss my blog.  It's so crazy true.  I miss writing about the crazy antics that happen in our home.  I'm fairly positive only 5 of you really read each word, which is completely cool with me, but I miss sharing the chaos that is our life here.  So.  Since I have too much to do (much less now thanks to my dear friend Suzy!) I will waste only a few small minutes here to relay a few stories.

1.  I have learned that when a child is 21 months old you must be extremely specific  in your instruction/discipline.  I told her she couldn't climb on a stool.  Two minutes later she was dragging a chair into my kitchen to aid her ascent to the kitchen counter.  When I said "Sesame, Momma said No!"  She politely stated, "No, stooh." (aka no stool)  "Ah, yes," I thought "That really is what I said."  So I clarified and life went on, yay.

2.  Sesame LOVES bath time.  I mean, who wouldn't when bath time means sitting in warm water for half an hour filling tea cups, playing with soap and splashing about!  One day Sesame had an extra long bath.  I was teaching her about physics (don't hate, my husband is a rocket scientist and I would remiss if I did not teach her about what Daddy does) which involved creating a whirlpool in the bath tub.  Long story short, Sesame tried to create whirl pool which resulted in half of the bath water splashing out onto my shirt.  She giggle and loudly proclaimed, "Mommy aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall wet!"  I then decided a happy, giggly, almost 2-year-old makes anything easy to handle.

3.  I need to plan better.  Shock.  Dismay.  We haven't had a weekend home in an entire month.  I don't know how you working women keep a house, a job and a family going at the same time.  I have learned that my personality + work + staying at home + house work = MAJOR FAIL.  (The fail part being we have piles of clean laundry, dirty bathrooms and heaps of dirty dishes.)  I just need to let it go.  :)

4.  I hear Bible time.  The day goes smoother, life is happier and my attitude is a whole lot healthier when I have consistent time in the Word.  Amazing how following God's instruction makes life work!  Who'd a thunk it?!  : )

5.  Sesame was Einstein for Halloween.  (I told you husband was a rocket scientist!) That's right.  My girl will be no princess or fairy.  No silly pink tulle for our Halloween costumes!


Here she is ready to take on the 4 square court at youth group.
I actually made her lab coat from one of my old shirts.  And, get this, I didn't sew the sleeves shut.
Points.
I think my sewing skills might be on the up. : )


She even has the crazy Einstein eyebrows and moustache!  :)  Yay for silver eyeliner!


Let me draw your attention the lower left corner of this photo.  See that lovely little speckled trail.
That's pee.
I think the trick-or-treaters frightened my dog whilst we were away, because he welcomed us home with 
a pee trail.
A pee trail.
Yes you read that right,
A Pee Trail
from the top or our staircase, 
through the entryway, 
through the living room, 
through the dining room and
 through the kitchen.
Nice.
I used an entire can of Spot Shot to clean that one up.
It reminded me that we don't want another dog,
At least until we potty train Sesame.


Check out the mad scientist laugh!  : )


Her notebook was choke full with equations such as, the theory of relativity.  You know that one don't you?  Yeah, I didn't either.
Good thing husband was on that one.  : )



blog

2 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

Sharing your life stories makes my heart happy. Hugs and kisses to all.

Clemencia said...

Don't consider blogging a waste of time. These will be stories you can read to your children when they are older. They will be so special. Incorporating pictures makes them extra special. We love reading them. Love, Grammy