Saturday, September 12, 2009

Inspiration

I'm finally feeling motivated to do something with our home. The time frame we had to move out of our apartment and into our house was short - two weeks if memory serves - and thus the house received no fresh paint coats or interior decor love. I hastily painted the "pink carpet" room upstairs when we purchased new furniture...and STILL have not finished the trim. We're coming up on year two folks. Sesame's room and the batcave remain the only completed rooms. Ours was painted last summer, as was the half bath and that's all. No more thought or time other than paint. Poor rooms. Poor house. I think I hear the master bath bawling.

Anywho, I've found myself motivated lately. I have this awesome-tastic coffee mug from Starbucks (thanks Mom!) with greens and blues and chocolate brown...I'm thinking it's the perfect inspiration for our master bath. Problem: The people who owned the home previously had a penchant for mauve and gray-blue. Remember that whole decorating scheme from the 80s...yeah it's in my house...in the fixtures. Our toilets are gray blue and our counter-tops are mauve. yay. joy.

So, question is, do I carry on with said inspirations for my space and ignore the elephant in the room (read: scary mauve counter top) or do I try and change my decor around the counter top??? I'm thinking it might be cost-effective to tile over the counter top??? Any thoughts?

------------------------------------

edit to add:

The in-laws came! :) I keep forgetting to post a bit more! It was fabulous to see them. We accomplished several projects -- rather the boys did. Grammy and I just enjoyed Sesame! :) Here are some more photos:

They really are best buds. Especially with her crawling after him and pulling up on him. Homer is such a good sport!

gasp is that a photo of (shock dismay) Sesame with her MOMMA?!? Do such photos exist?! Thanks for capturing one Grammy!!

Next time on Children Gone Wild: When Babies Feed Themselves.

How ADORABLE is that $4 suit and hat from Old Navy?! I would TOTALLY wear one in my size...but not at the same time as Sesame...that would be weird and result in a horriffic photo that would scar is both for life and end up on failblog.com or something of the sort.

Okay, everyone together, "Awwwwwwwwwwww"

blog

1 comment:

Conrad Golbov said...

Note: Tiling the countertop is forbidden. The End.