Thursday, March 12, 2009

Harry Potter Confessions...

I heart Harry Potter. It's as true as my bathroom is the bat cave. The past few days Nellianne and I have taken to working our way through the series when she's eating. Last night/today happened to be "Goblet of Fire" day. I came close to busting out the Durmstrung, Beauxbatons & Hogwarts decor. You know, just for festivity sake. I even considered a couple competitions between Homer, Nellianne & myself: Drooling in a pattern, Best roll-over & Stinkiest toot, however; I was too intimadated by Homer's drooling abilities and Nellianne's BM's. Oh well, another day!

Anyway...now that I've COMPLETELY gone off down tangent lane...

As we just watched the end of the film I found myself BAWLING. At the end of the film Cedric dies and Harry brings him back to the tournament grounds. Then there is this shot of Cedric's father, very dramatically, racing to his son's side. Upon realization that he is dead, he screams "Nooooooooooo." Here, ladies and gents, is where I proceeded to cry. Now, we're not just talking a small simple tear trickling down my cheek. We're talking full blown heaves that startled my daughter...AND dog. I then found myself telling Nellianne I would do ANYTHING to keep her from harms way and I loved her so much. She was moved to tears too. Loud screaming ones. That took several minutes and more food to soothe.

I keep finding old things that I see in a new light as a Momma - Harry Potter included.

1 comment:

Katie @ Heart Gone Walking said...

Hahahahahahahahahaha! I love this one. You and I are way too much alike. During Madeline's first few months, I re-read the entire series and watched the movies. I think I like it way too much. :) We need to get together soon. I'm sure your little girl has changed SO much!