Friday, January 25, 2013

Saturdays = Status Dump

I realize Facebook is a scary world for some people.  It seems intimidating with lingo like "status update," "poke," and "timeline."  I can, in all sincerity, understand a person not having a facebook account.  Husband and I have discussed deleting ours on several occasions.  We've also discussed selling all our worldly possessions and moving to Mozambique.  But that is neither here nor there...

Facebook, at this point in our lives, is a quick easy way to upload photos and record quick snippets of our daily life.  It looms much less than a weekly blog post.  So, in an effort to keep those of you without facebook accounts (ahem, Daddy.) up to speed on the Golbov Batcave, I am going to attempt a Saturday status update.

The last Saturday of the month or so I will copy several of my/husband's statuses from Facebook to a post on the blog.  That way you all can enjoy the wackiness of our family.  :)

That said, there are several posts not included.  They are generally attached to my instagram stream.  I'm  working on putting that in sidebar somewhere.  :)

________________________________________________________________________

Status on 2013-01-25

"I read somewhere chewing gum or wearing safety glasses while chopping an onion with keep your eyes from watering. Since I am the queen of onion weeping, I tried a candy cane (for lack of gum). No luck. The tears started flowing. I grabbed my sunglasses (for lack of safety goggles). No luck. Now I'm just a sobbing housewife with a knife, in sunglasses, with a candy cane hanging out of her mouth. Lovely. :) My daily chores never cease to amuse me! :)"



Status on 2013-01-24

"Leaving the house as mis-matched, un-brushed, un-make-upped hooligans. I write this disclaimer so if you run into us at Meijer you will know that we know we look like hippies - and chose to leave the house anyway. :)

Note: The Motley Hobbit Hippie Brood left a grand impression on Meijer today. Not only did the youngest hobbit screech "bob-stir!" [lobster] throughout the store but the eldest exploded a box of spaghetti on aisle 10. :) We did, however, score a smile with the sour deli lady we've been trying to woo for 6 months now. Who says we aren't witnessing in the grocery store despite our stench and spaghetti strewing! :)"

Status on 2013-01-20

"Husband: 'I want to write some Psalms that extol the virtue of God's scientific creations.'

Love. Him. :)"

Status on 2013-01-17

"Nellianne: Mommy I'm hungry.
Elise: Me too.
Me: Okay girls, we can have a snack! Let's take off our princess dresses so we don't get them all yucky while we eat. You can put them back on after we eat.
Elise: Well...I'm not hungry. I'll just eat tomorrow. 

Love these kids. :) The girls have their priorities all in order. :)"

2013-01-15

"Warning! Hasty post venting my inner feelings regarding answering machines/menus on telephones to ensue: I feel I have a reasonable amount of patience with human beings. Machines, however, are a different story. For instance, when I call a doctor's office with a quick question, I don't want to select from one menu, then a second menu, then a third menu - which has 7 options all of which are a 5 digit code to connect me to the next menu. By the time I get to leave my message I sound like Malificent restraining her inner dragon from transforming even though my questions is: Is my appointment at 1:00 or 1:30? Grrr.. End rant. That said, I really am having a lovely day! :)"

2013-01-01

"Whilst eating lunch we were discussing who would be in Nellie's new Sunday School class: 
Me: "Yes, you'll miss Kalen, but Joseph and Levi will be in your class and you'll be with Xavier again!"
Conrad: "She's going to be surrounded by suitors. I'm going to have to teach her self defense."
I think you have a few years there husband! :)"



blog

No comments: