Saturday, April 4, 2009

My Daughter Has A Problem

Note: This a guest post from Sesame's daddy, so please, keep in mind that nothing I say can be taken seriously.

So.....my daughter has a problem. A drinking problem. At first, I didn't want to admit it. It's hard to watch someone you love crave a drink every hour. She screams, she whines, she pouts until she finally gets that drink she's craving.

It's taken over her life. She drinks before noon. She drinks after noon. She drinks when she wakes up in the morning. A lot! She wakes up in the middle of the night craving a drink. It's gotten so bad lately, I think she's lost all bowel and bladder control. 

I thought about finding meetings to try and help her. They say that it's hard to get a meeting like this together, given that most people her age don't see her drinking as a problem. Also, it's hard to sit in a circle when none of them can sit up.

Someday, I'm told, she'll need it less and less. They say she'll stop pulling liquid lunches every day. They say she'll stop lashing out at people when she's fiending. And eventually, I pray, she'll just want water in the middle of the night. Until then....I just don't know what to do!

My little girl.....almost 3 months old.....addicted to mommy's milk.

Praise God!

-The Dad-

No comments: