Wednesday, May 9, 2007

God always gets His will...

i'm thinking about going back to school...already. i'm thinking that God's going to force me to be a teacher whether i want to or not. signs pointing in this direction include but are not limited to:

A) we're randomly studying Jonah in Wednesday morning Bible study...which is all about not doing what God tells you...and the consequences...and how despite your will and human excuses he works His will anyway...

B) i received a letter from a former teacher asking what i was up to. we've stayed in contact since the first class i had with her. she said "I hope you're teaching. Of all the student's I've had in the college classroom, you, by far, are the one I would choose to teach in my place."

C) my mom told me to teach...and write a devotional about the blessings in the first year of marriage. i trust her insight more than anyone, save Conrad, my husband. [side note for another post: it's amazing how much closer we (momma and I) have become since I've been married. :) She is wise beyond her years - something I never gave her credit for earlier in life.]

i think He's been trying to tell me for a long time now that i need to be in a classroom -which i've avoided at all costs. i tried it for a brief semester, but caved in when something went wrong. i suppose i never allowed myself to fall in love with the job - always caught up in how i was doing, was my teaching doing any good, was i explaining in a way the kids could grasp the concept - when in actuality teaching isn't' about how i feel at the end of the day, it's about the students.

So. here i am, jobless, still a little confused, but LOVING IT! :) God is teaching me patience right now - and what a grand job he is doing. :)

No comments: